Thursday, February 26, 2015

a surprise birthday blog!

As is becoming more and more my practice, I love surprising unsuspecting friends with a blog on their birthday.

We cross paths with a lot of people during the course of our lives. Some stay. Some go. So weave in and out of our lives for different periods of time.

When you’re in the music business, you see the ebb and flow, the rise and fall, the journeys that are unlike any other. And as with everything in life, we carry with us the moments and memories.

We remember sipping wine in a friend’s backyard late at night, talking about dreams and heartaches privy to very few. We see the progression and the maturation, the breathtaking beauty carved out of lessons learned, loves lost, hope found.

If you’re lucky, as I am, you get to cross paths with more than enormous talents. You get to cross paths with enormous people. (I’m not referring to girth, by the way.)

You become each other’s cheering sections and revel in the moments of giddy excitement, just as you share in the more trying times. And if you’re really lucky, you get to make music together – music that will go forth into the world and do what it’s meant to do, music that's made with people you love and admire.

I’ve written a lot about my project. I’ve been steadily introducing you to the players and singers. And today, since it’s Caitlin’s birthday, I think it is an excellent time to say how unbelievably ridiculously awesome she is.

You may know Caitlin Evanson from the people she’s played with – namely Taylor Swift, Ringo Starr, and a long list of notable others. She’s a violinist, singer, songwriter, guitarist, and I’m guessing there are probably many more talents than I know about.

I am unbelievably excited for her to be playing violin on my record. Some people are true artists, and Caitlin is one of those who brings the beauty of who she is at her core to her playing.

So whatever you are doing today on your special day today Caitlin, I hope you know the gift you are and are celebrating it with all the things that bring you joy. Happy Birthday!!!

Thanks for stopping by. Please tell your friends. And since it’s Caitlin’s birthday, I say we all have a piece of cake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment