Thursday, May 7, 2009

In Search of...a good rerun

As I suspected, my blogging efforts while traveling are at best sporadic. I even missed my favorite Sunday politics day because I was at my cousins Jessica and Steve's beautiful wedding. But thanks to modern technology like my DVR, I was able to record This Week with George Stephanopoulos as well as Real Time with Bill Maher.

So I got in just in time last night to see George Stephanopoulos on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, a very happy making sight for me, and I just finished watching all my political recordings. Since I've been flying all over the place, I was particularly interested in the latest swine flu discussions. It turns out that the regular seasonal flu viruses kill way more people, so while I'm slightly relieved about the swine flu, I'm a tad more worried now about catching the other. It's always something.

While I was away Justice Seuter announced his upcoming retirement. Kudos to him for holding out until this administration was in office. And may we get a young, healthy, pro-choice, liberal justice to replace him. (Just putting it out there. You gotta believe to receive, right?)

Let's see, what else? Oh yeah, Obama and Biden ate hamburgers one day. I'm not really sure why this constitutes news. I must have missed that part of the story.

I'm getting ready to visit Texas this weekend. (Fortunately, I do not need a passport to do that.)I'm looking forward to blogging about it upon my return, so it may be a few days once again before I'm able to chat. Since I know that you'll be going through withdrawal, I thought I'd offer up some of my personal favorites of my blog since I began it...just in case you can't live without my pearls of wisdom and entertainment.

Here are my top 4:

In Search of... being an "insider"

In Search of...a place where "everybody knows your name"

In Search of...old friends and new memories

In Search of...a good turn of phrase

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment