Tuesday, March 5, 2019

...as the 10th Anniversary approaches


This little blog, In Search of…, is ten years old this month. When I started it, I wasn’t certain what a blog was, and I could never have foreseen the incredible adventures writing it would take me on.

I began this sweet gem because a publisher told me I should in order to get a book deal and gain a following.

In 2009, blogs were a relatively new thing, and Facebook hadn’t begun limiting who could see posts with links, so gaining a growing audience was not the daunting task that it is today.

The book I was shopping was my first, In Search of George Stephanopoulous – a True Story of Life, Love and the Pursuit of a Short Greek Guy.

It was a quirky memoir about trying to find Mr. Right while struggling to succeed in the music business in Nashville. Because it focused on a political commentator, I felt free to write unabashedly about politics. And because it felt like I was typing into the ether, I also felt free to let ‘er rip no matter what I was writing about.

Lately, I’ve been feeling stifled, shut down, and those are reactive places to be. I blame Trump for it, well that and my constant heartburn. The beauty of this 10th anniversary occurring now is that it has afforded me the opportunity not just to revisit past writing and share some of the more pivotal and funny pieces with you, but also to regroup and begin anew for me. And I have a lot to talk about.

So in the spirit of authenticity, I am looking forward to writing some new entries about how a TV crew showed up at my house one day, why I’m pissed off at the Methodists, and how my life actually changes, if it does, when I do the Marie Kondo uncluttering thing.

If that isn’t enough, I am toying with the idea of posting my top 5 most popular blogs from the ten years and letting you choose your favorite. Or, because I may not agree with the most viewed blogs being the best of them, I might post my own top 5 picks and have you choose your favorite. I’ll get back to you on that.

Thank you for stopping by and spending some time with me.

Get ready for the look back and the reboot!!

Xo
Ilene

No comments:

Post a Comment