Thursday, December 31, 2009

In Search of...a New Year's blog

It's snowing in New York this morning on the last day of 2009. It seems a fitting tribute to the kind of year it's been. I was hoping to make it to Costco (my favorite store) and the grocery store before the precipitation began, but alas I am warm and safely tucked inside my father's house, reveling in this brief and unexpected period of time for reflection.

I was going to talk about the highlights of this past year, but it seems so overwhelmingly marked by loss that I'm willing to forgo the recap. Instead I'd like to focus on my hopes, beliefs, and intentions for 2010. So here they are -

I intend to live up to the potential I've been granted in all areas of my life.

I hope each day of the new year will be better and more filled with promise than the one before it.

I believe that I am capable of expanding my vision of what I know is possible.

I intend to be the change I wish to see in this world of love, peace, integrity, and forgiveness.

I believe that a little courage will take me places I have never even allowed myself to dream of going.

I hope for new dreams, new ideas, and a bigger palette on which to paint my life.

I intend to lead by example in the ways that matter to me regardless of both the naysayers and the well-wishers.

I believe that we can all grasp the concept of "enough," and lose the moronic notion that "greed is good."

I hope for more laughter and less worry, more joy and less fear, more life and less "busyness."

I intend to be present in my own life and savor the things that matter most to me - the time spent with my family and friends, the chance to do what I love to do, and yes I must go there - the taste of a delicious bite of food.

I believe it is wise to be grateful for both the things and people we have as well as the things and people we don't have. I believe that recognizing the value in both is what helps us grow into who we want to be.

So on that note, I wish you all the things on your own lists. I am exceedingly grateful that you have stopped by and shared some time with me. And I wish you good health, happiness, peace, and prosperity in 2010.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I wish the same to you, my friend. I hope that the next time you're in NY, we can get together!

    ReplyDelete