Monday, December 24, 2012

Rebirth

Well, the Mayans were wrong and we're all still here, which brings me to the idea of rebirth. If the end of the world did not come last Friday, then I can only hope that the end of the world as we knew it, did.

I would like to think that we've marked an end to our separation from one another and are entering a time of unity. I would like to think that we are leaving stagnation and inertia behind and are embracing an age of transformation and manifestation of the lives we are were born to live. I would like to think that we have learned firsthand that war never keeps the peace, that ignorance and hatred cannot be effectively cloaked in a disguise of religious piety, and that there is no destruction that some biblical angry God can heap upon us that is worse than the destruction which we perpetrate against ourselves and each other every day. I would like to think these things, especially today. So I will.

Today I envision the rebirth of our connection to Source, that internal knowing that says I am a part of God and God is a part of me. I envision myself as well equipped to be the voice and the embodiment of those qualities I cherish most - peace and love. Today I reclaim the parts of me that know that I know, the heart-led, the joy-filled, the voice for those unable or too scared to utter these things out loud.

It is easy to be tempted to cave in when we are shouted down by the relentless cynicism of darkness and of fear and of dread. But these things are gasping for their last breath, because they cannot survive where the light of truth shines, and those of us who know that have to step up.

It isn't easy to be the embodiment of love, or of forgiveness, or of peace. If you think it is, try it out for a day. Let me know how you fare in rush hour traffic, or with relatives you don't particularly like, or during the next school shooting or terrorist attack. Not so easy. So it's not some hippy-dippy or child-like notion to try and be the embodiment of the qualities the world so desperately needs. It takes courage to be peace in the midst of antagonism, to be love in the face of hate, and to speak truth when people would rather cater to fear. It's not so easy to forgive when we feel justified.

So if the end of days is upon us and we have a chance at rebirth, then let's reclaim that best part of ourselves that knows why we came here. Let's reclaim the idea that one person makes all the difference, that our hearts are better navigators than our minds, that what's possible is what we say is possible, and that we were all sent to save the world.

Peace and Blessings to you. Thanks for stopping by. And Merry Christmas!
Ilene

No comments:

Post a Comment