Tuesday, January 1, 2013

a New Year's Blog

My friend Tanya (of which I, oddly enough, have two) calls me a “love monger.” This has both made me laugh out loud, and upon deeper consideration, actually strikes me as a really cool thing to be called. (So thank you for that, T.)

...which gets me to thinking about how we show up, both to ourselves and to others. I like to let the people in my life know what they mean to me and how I feel about them. I do this for two reasons: One is if I should get hit by a bus, then at least they won’t wonder how I felt about them. And two is why should I have to get hit by a bus for people to know how I feel about them? See my logic there?

Sure, caring makes us vulnerable, but the thing is we're all vulnerable anyway, try as we might to convince ourselves otherwise. We care. We're wired that way, so let's just say, "Thank God for that," and move on.

In the spirit of that caring, I want to say a special thank you to those of you who are new to me, this blog, and all of my writing, but who have stopped by for the first time and decided to come along for the ride. I don't take your support lightly and I hope that in return, I offer you something of value (or at least entertainment).

And for those who have been the champions of my dreams for a while, I send you virtual kisses and gratitude for making my journey so much more beautiful.

To ring in the New Year and say goodbye to the old one, I thought I'd do something I've never done before on my blog, which is to post some pictures of personal highlights of this past year.

But before I do, I want to wish you a New Year of greater possibilities than you can even imagine, love that envelopes you, blessings that chase you down, and peace in your heart.

Big hugs to you all,
Ilene

 
Family Visit in NY
(with Dad, Steve, Narci & Sammy)




Chicago opening of Sue Fabisch's show with our song in it!
("Costco Queen")

Reunited with my dear Northwestern friends
(with Alisa Swerdlove and Chris Finkelmeyer)

Swanky NYC book party for my book!
(In Search of George Stephanopoulos)


With Tanya Leah at swanky book party!


First wedding I officiated as a minister!
(with Anthony Barone and Renato Rufino)

Parasailing in Maui
(Yes, that's me!)

Reunited with friends after too many years
(with Anthony Barone, Dora Jean Ciavarello, Zach & Loralee Janus)


College Roommates Reunited
(with Tanya Menton)
A HuffPo Q & A with Kenny Loggins

...the best night out with old friends
(Lorraine Ferro, Tanya Leah, me, and Sandra Sotero)
 
Gig at this stunning mansion!
Can't wait to see what 2013 brings!!!....

No comments:

Post a Comment