Tuesday, March 31, 2009

In Search of...a consistent workout

When I started my blog about two weeks ago I was kind of worried that I would be about as consistent with it as I am with working out. And now, two weeks later, I can safely say that there have been far more blog entries than workouts.

Oh, it's not for lack of a treadmill and weights...or a yoga video...or Qigong book...or bouncy music on my iPod...or Pilates videos. I've got them all. I even have the towels and bottled water...and (it shouldn't be a total loss) the fear of an untimely death to boot.

I watch Dr. Oz every week and think, "Yeah, I'm gonna start eating more organic vegetables and do some deep breathing." And yet, here I am, shallow breath and all, playing my daily mental game of "okay Ilene, if you go work out now, you can take a half hour off and read a book later." This form of mental bribery seldom works. However, the ability to fit into my jeans generally does.

And to make matters worse, there's this awful predisposition for women to pack on the pounds as we get older and our hormones change...a predisposition I become more and more aware of as I look in the mirror and see an increased resemblance to my grandmothers. (No disrespect intended, of course).

So I'm wondering if a different kind of workout would inspire me to be more motivated. I'm wondering if there's something I could do that I would actually look forward to and enjoy.

I'm open to suggestions. But for now, I'm off to the treadmill.

Thanks for stopping by, and please tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment