Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In Search of...(come on say it with me) George Stephanopoulos

So I missed a day, and all of one of you asked me where I was! I needed to calm down after my last blog entry. I don't know if I succeeded, but here I am anyway.

So I decided to check out just how far down in the Google search my blog is when I type in "George Stephanopoulos," and I'm sad to say that after about page 17 I gave up looking. However, after trying many configurations I can tell you that if you type in "Ilene Angel + George Stephanopoulos" this blog will come up first! Of course, I'm not really sure who would be doing that and why, but I thought I'd let you know...particularly because the irony of that is not wasted on me.

I have recently been back in touch with some people I used to work with at a now defunct clothing company. It made me a little melancholy for....oh, who am I kidding?! I spent every waking moment dreaming of getting out of that and all of my other "day jobs." And here I am writing...songs, books, blogs, you name it.

Just to stay on point, my book (In Search of George Stephanopoulos - A True Story of Life, Love, and the Pursuit of a Short Greek Guy) is not only about trying to meet George Stephanopoulos, it is also about my adventures in the music business. Want to know what it's like to have dinner with Brooke Shields or write for a teen Disney star?

Stay tuned. There just might be an excerpt or two coming up in future blogs.

Until then, thanks for stopping by, and tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment