Thursday, March 26, 2009

In Search of...something better

I think this happens to everyone at some point. You wake up one day and say, "This is soooo not how I pictured my life turning out." We all do it...or at least I think most of us do. (I could definitely say that about writing this blog...was totally not on my earlier agenda.)

But here I am, and at what point are we able to let go of our perception of ourselves in order to embrace that which we actually are or a direction we never thought of going that might be more rewarding than what our little brains can conceive of on their own?

One of the many self-help-spiritual-new thought/ancient wisdom gurus that I listen to frequently (just like La Oprah does, I'd like to point out) always says to say "this or something better" when putting desires out into the universe, and I think that's a great idea.

I kind of look at it like shopping at stores like Marshalls or TJ Maxx. (And yes, it's a little scary that I approach the broader questions in life with shopping analogies, but whatever works).

You see an item on a rack of clothing and you think, "this is just what I was looking for"...until you see the item a little further down the rack...the one you never dared imagine yourself owning because it would be too expensive to wish for or imagine yourself wearing...but there it is...in exactly your size and favorite color...and Clearance priced...and it can be all yours now...but you never would've thought so...and so you never asked.

So today I'm asking. I'm asking for my life to be better than I imagined it could or would be. I'm asking to let go of all that would stand in the way of me living up to my full potential. I'm asking to be everything I can conceive of myself being...or something better. And you are all my witnesses.

And you know what else would be really cool?? If you joined me. Come on, you know you want to...ask for what you really want...or something better.

And one last thing. Since the point of me doing this blog is to get enough readers to entice the perfect publisher to grant me a book deal, I'm asking that you tell everyone in your email address books to check out this blog. See that cute little purple "stat counter" in the upper right? I'm shooting for at least the magic million number. Well, that or something better.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. i will join you...i love this...and i have often thought the same thing about where i am in my life. and i think you are right, most people have. we are not alone. not quite sure what this means if a majority of the population feels this way, though. interesting to ponder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ilene,your blog is wonderful, thanks for inviting me along for the ride! And yes, I too will join you in putting it out there for what I think I want "or something better." You reminded me that we can't control the Universe; however, we can decide what we'd like to put out there. Infinite is always better than finite!!

    - Annie Silver

    ReplyDelete