Thursday, April 16, 2009

In Search of...a few of my favorite miscellaneous things

So it dawned on me that I haven't been getting a lot of comments posted on my blog. I can happily live with my faithful 11 "followers" because I think it only took one more than that for Christianity to form (right?), but the "0 comments" thing...makes me nervous. Me being me, I figured no one liked the blog. But since my trusty stat counter keeps going up (thanks everyone!), something just wasn't adding up.

Like the 2000 Presidential election, there seemed to be a discrepancy between the popular vote (the stat counter for purposes of this little analogy) and the electoral college (the comments). Finally people started telling me that they were unable to leave comments, or sign up as followers. I don't know why this is not working for most people, but still working for some, so my first "favorite thing" today that I'm in search of is a Tech Support person. I don't particularly care if they're in India or the U.S., just as long as they're able to fix it so that people can post comments on my blog!

The next thing I'm in search of (besides a few ginormous #1 crossover songs and a major book deal) is a first page google standing for this blog and George Stephanopoulos. So indulge me a minute while I say - George Stephanopoulos, George Stephanopoulos, George Stephanopoulos. (By the way, do you know who just won the Walter Cronkite award? That's right, George Stephanopoulos!)

Okay, now that that's done, I'm also in search of a new favorite store. I know it is a sign of the times that everything is closing, but Fortunoff's??? I have spent my entire life dreaming of the jewelry I was going to buy there when I could afford it...which is possibly why they're going out of business...because I never purchased anything, but I digress. And now it's gone. And while what's left in housewares is like 60% off, the fact that something that's been there my entire life is unable to survive feels like a death to me.

It was bad enough when Gimbels closed. I didn't know how anyone would ever understand Miracle on 34th Street again. Could anyone truly "get" the saying, "Does Macy's tell Gimbels?" ever again? I don't think so. So now I've got no favorite store. Well, actually Crate & Barrel comes to mind. What is it with me and housewares???

My list of favorite things that I'm in search of could go on and on - a pair of comfortable shoes, a new favorite song, clothes that are actually made for women, the perfect suitcase...the list is endless. But for now I'd settle for a TECH SUPPORT person so that you can leave comments!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Please try to post a comment, and tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment