Thursday, August 15, 2013

1 more day to go!!!!


Well, tomorrow is the deadline for The Gratitude Project funding and I’m starting to sprint toward the finish line. So if you haven’t yet given, please do!! It would mean the world to me.

I have had so much support from so many wonderful people that it’s hard to wrap my brain around the immense love I’m feeling. With donation amounts starting at a dollar, this is a way of having everyone participate in the creation of something that will hopefully be larger than the sum of its parts.

On one level, it is affording me the opportunity to make a dream come true. And I do not take that lightly. But that dream is also about using whatever gifts I may have been given to be of service to others. I know firsthand that what I reach for when I am at my absolute lowest or highest is music – to keep me going, to comfort, to uplift, to motivate, and to inspire. And if anything I do on this project does that for someone else, then all the effort involved will have been worth it.

I know I’ve said it before in this blog, but we are not meant to go through this world and life alone. Every interaction is a chance to bless someone’s life. Every exchange is a chance to impact either positively or negatively. Who we choose to be and how we choose to show up is a decision made by us moment by moment. And no matter how badly we’ve screwed up in the past, every moment provides a new opportunity to show up differently now.

If I could pick the biggest gift of this crowd funding experience, it is that I have gotten to witness firsthand the truth of our interconnectedness. I’ll know as I move forward that I do not do so alone, that many, many people have my back, and that a dream worth having is a dream worth sharing.

Please know that if you are reading this, you are cherished by me, appreciated by me, and most definitely loved by me.

Peace & Blessings to you all,
Ilene

PS My annual birthday blog is coming up next in 2 days!!So stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment