Friday, August 23, 2013

as the finish line approaches...



Well, boys and girls, we are finally in the home stretch of The Gratitude Project funding campaign. No, really, this time we are!!!

Though it seems like I can barely remember life before this thing began, we are a matter of hours away and the end is in sight. Rest assured that whatever the outcome with USA Projects is, this CD is moving forward, because in order to even begin a funding campaign of this kind, that was the decision that had to be made. It kind of reminds me of the pilot episode of The Newsroom, the title of which was “We Just Decided To.”

It is said that every journey begins with a single step, and this has been my first step in making the recording happen. I’m sure there will be many more to come, but the difference is I now take every step from here on out knowing that many, many people are accompanying me on the journey, cheering me on, and celebrating both the adventure as well as the end result of that adventure, which will be something very real and special.

I can’t wait to begin recording and to bring to fruition not only a dream, but something that can have the opportunity to make a positive impact.

To those of you who have supported The Gratitude Project, thank you does not even begin to encompass my level of appreciation. It is a humbling affirmation that this is indeed the right thing for me to be doing.

The clock is ticking, the hour is drawing near, and I can see the finish line…

Peace & blessings to you all,
Ilene

1 comment:

  1. Bravo for taking that step and so many others! YOU DID IT! Amazing! I cannot wait to experience the music! Sending gratitude right back to you!

    ReplyDelete