Wednesday, August 7, 2013

the final countdown begins!!!

Well, we’re at the final countdown stage of the Gratitude Project funding, and today I am without a migraine, so life is looking pretty good, all in all.

If I were to make one observation about both the funding and my migraines, it is that they both necessitate the ability to surrender in ways that seem counterintuitive.

Sure, I’m aware that now is the time for the final push on the fundraising effort and my inclination is to beg, plead, grovel or whatever else will get the job done, but really, all I can do is ask. Besides, I heard that you can make thousands of dollars by offering yourself up as a human guinea pig to test drugs not yet approved by the FDA. Or maybe I could sell an organ. How much do you think I could get for a kidney? You gotta think outside the box on these things.

While I’m contemplating more ways of funding, I’d like to tell you, in all seriousness, that this is one hell of a growth experience. I dare say most of us don’t take the opportunity to so publicly declare our heart’s desires, our dreams, and our intentions. It is one thing for those closest to us to know what we truly want, but heck, half the time, I don’t think we even admit it to ourselves, let alone anyone else, because we don’t see a way for it to happen. So to boldly say to everyone you know and everyone you don’t, “This is my vision and what I am doing,” just takes a whole lotta chutzpah. You just can’t walk something like that back once it’s out there. (Insert Anthony Weiner joke here.)

That being said, I had an awesome pre-production meeting last night, which got me ridiculously excited about this project and everyone involved…which means YOU, if you’ve supported it. I am well aware that this is not only a group effort, but a group affirmation of what is possible to create when many people join in.

So here’s the link again. Gratitude Project Please give, if you haven’t, and please share it with everyone you know. Call me crazy, but I really want to keep my kidneys.

Thanks for stopping by. Please tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment