Monday, July 13, 2009

In Search of...a new religion

So it dawned on me a while back, that I have fifteen "followers" on my blog, and while some might not consider that a lot, it's three more than Jesus had disciples...which got me thinking about religion and isn't it about time for a new one?

I have been pondering this for quite some time, and so I thought I'd let you know that I am hard at work, contemplating the tenets of said new religion, not to mention a name for it. I realize that those of you who are devout to any particular other faith might find this offensive, as might those of you who don't believe in anything particularly, but I will forge ahead, steadfast in the knowledge that there are at least a couple of people who will consider whatever I have to say. By the way, this new religion will not be centered around worshiping me - though if I thought about it long enough I might make it a requirement to bring couture shoes in a 9 narrow as a sacrifice to me at the altar, but that's just a little fantasy I've got going. Or maybe handbags. Okay, I've got to stop.

Back to religion. Maybe it's not an actual religion. Maybe it's just more like rules to live by. Hmm - this may take more contemplation than I originally thought.

Well, anyway, thanks for stopping by. And here's one rule to live by from Ilene for today - say something nice to someone you don't know. (It will change their whole day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment