Thursday, January 22, 2015

a Special Guest Artist!!!!!!!

This is a special project update. I’ve been waiting anxiously to post this particular installment of “Meet the Players” for a while now. And finally, the day has arrived…

Kenny Loggins has recorded a duet with me for this album!! (I’ll pause while you read that sentence again. As a matter of fact, I think I’ll pause and I’LL read that sentence again!)

The song is called “Friends Like Me & You” and I wrote it with Anthony Barone & Tanya Leah, whom I could not be happier to share this experience with.

I’d like to think that Kenny’s decision to join the joy-filled, heart-centered love-fest that is this project speaks to the quality of its content. But the truth is it also speaks to the quality of the man.

So I am glad I get to say thank you publicly here for the first time. Thank you, Kenny, for contributing both your immense talent and huge heart to this project. I hope it blesses you in a big way, too. And if it’s true that what we give comes back to us tenfold, then it undoubtedly will.

Normally, this is the place in the update where I list some impressive credits so you, my beloved readers, know something about whomever I’ve just introduced. Though his voice and music have likely been a part of the soundtrack of your own lives, too, it gives me great pleasure to say…

Kenny Loggins is a Grammy-winning, Oscar nominated, multi-platinum selling artist. He has penned such classics as ”Danny’s Song,” “Celebrate Me Home,” “I’m Alright,” “Footloose” and “House at Pooh Corner.” (And I could seriously go on listing hits for another page and a half).

When I started out on this project, I could not have imagined the incredible turns it would take. I am reminded each and every day that this adventure is possible and infinitely sweeter, because all of you said, “Yes!” and are on it with me.

Question: What do Michael McDonald, Stevie Nicks, and Ilene Angel have in common?

Answer: All have recorded duets with Kenny Loggins! (#squealswithdelight, #doeshappydance)

Big, fat gratitude-filled hugs to all of you (And especially you, Kenny Loggins!)

I can’t wait for everyone to hear the song!

xo

Ilene

The singers of the duet!

The writers of the duet!

No comments:

Post a Comment