Tuesday, April 14, 2009

In Search of...something funny

I just finished watching Revolutionary Road and I am ranking it #3 of the all time most depressing films I've ever seen. (#1 is The Hours and #2 March of the Penguins - which I know many of you will vehemently disagree with me about).

Since I already did a blog about happy endings as well as one about satisfying ones, I thought I'd move on to the question of where the funny went. I mean funny. I cannot remember the last time that I saw a movie that made me laugh so hard my sides hurt. I don't remember when I last laughed until I cried. What's with all the depressing movies? And why does Hollywood now equate funny with stupid? Since I'm not a 13 year old boy, I guess I just don't understand it, but please - no more American Pie films! And does anyone besides me not find Ben Stiller funny?

Come on, make me laugh. I dare ya.

Oooh, that brings me to another crazy idea I had - Clint Eastwood in a comedy (and not one involving chimps). Think about it. It would be great!

Well, today's a short blog day and if you have any suggestions for hilarious films, please send them my way. I could use a good laugh.

Thanks for stopping by. Please tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment